Tiiveni TV

UK TV VLC

Forums

Forum Home > Channel Requests > YLE-channels would be ok

thoss

They are available,and most english stuff is not dubbed.Would be a nice addition, and not so difficult to find for you,Tiiveni.....(!!)

Keep up the good work (kiitos työtä teet meille)

Thoss

--
October 8, 2010 at 6:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tiiveni
Site Owner

I'm not to sure about adding YLE, I wish to get the TV Broadcast from the UK. But, it is true that they have some BBC programs with subtitles. Maybe later, if I have nothing else to do!

Tiiveni.

--

Tiiveni TV

October 9, 2010 at 1:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DaveG

Would love to see the Irish channels RTE/RTE2 Why is it so difficult to get RTE streams?....what are they doing to block that others are not? LOL

I

October 13, 2010 at 12:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tiiveni
Site Owner

I have often read that RTE/Irish channels are hard to find. I have not really seen any links for them. I understand that they are well protected and need a proxy to view the streams. UK channels are easier since they come from many sources.Sorry for my lack of knowledge on this subject!

If I see any Irish channels then I will add them straight away, or if others here have good information then please share it here with us.

Thanks DaveG for your feedback - It is really appreciated! :)

--

Tiiveni TV

October 14, 2010 at 5:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

D_M_W

DaveG at October 13, 2010 at 12:52 PM

Would love to see the Irish channels RTE/RTE2 Why is it so difficult to get RTE streams?....what are they doing to block that others are not? LOL

I

Who says DEAD_MAN_WALKING dont help... :P

1st things 1st get yourself Firefox and WMP Plugin if you dont like using Internet Exporer.

RTE Channels

RTE 1 - http://dynamic.rte.ie/av/live/32gb/rte1-225.asx

RTE 2 - http://dynamic.rte.ie/av/live/32gb/rte2-450.asx

RTE News - http://dynamic.rte.ie/av/live/ngb/news-225.asx

Step 1.

Find a list of Irish free proxies. You can Google it out. Or this list here. http://www.hidemyass.com/proxy-list/search-383

Step 2.

Now choose an IP address and port from the list. In this tutorial I have chosen IP: 89.28.178.40 and port: 8080. You can choose whatever you like.

Step 3.

Open Firefox and in the menu choose Tools and then Options. This will open the Firefox Options window. Click on Advance Options.

Step 4.

Click on Network tab and the click Settings button under Connection.

Step 5.

In Connection Settings window, click Manual proxy configuration. Now enter the IP address in HTTP Proxy and Port address in Port. ( In this example HTTP Proxy address is 89.28.178.40 and Port is 8080).

Also check the box 'Use this proxy server for all protocols'. Click ok and your IP is set to desired Proxy.

You can use any online service to check your IP. Like check www.checkmyip.com is a site solely dedicated for this purpose.

Step 6.

Now head over to one of the RTE links at the top of the page and click Live TV. As soon as the stream starts you can disconnect fom the proxy if you like.

enjoy Irish telly 8)

NOTE: You may also add the proxy directly in to WMP also, Right click Options --> Network, Highlight Protocol "HTTP" and hit the Configure... button and put a check on "Use the following proxey sever:" and add your proxy and port.

Regards

DEAD_MAN_WALKING

--

--->WiZiWiG<---

October 14, 2010 at 12:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tiiveni
Site Owner

Thanks Dead_Man_Walking!

You really are the most helpful person around.  :)

Sorry that I can't understand the rules at MyP2P! I can see now that it is not the right place for me! :D

I wish you and my other friends there at MyP2P all the best!

Despite not liking it when the "big guys / Super Mods" came down and handed out punishments and started new arguments, I never meant or did any harm.

No hard feelings here.

To DaveG

Like I was thinking / guessing, you need a proxy.

MyP2P will give you all the help that you could ever need!

I do not plan to add proxy stuff  to this player for a few months or so.

--

Tiiveni TV

October 14, 2010 at 1:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DaveG

DMW I really appreciate your help mate...I have been a part of MYP2P over the years as IrishInKentucky and have always found it to be a great place to find help to watch streams.

Thanks again DMW and Tiiveni for all your help

October 14, 2010 at 1:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tiiveni
Site Owner

Hello IrishInKentucky! :)

I remember you! Your (GUINNESS) signature always made me thirsty!

:P

--

Tiiveni TV

October 14, 2010 at 2:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DaveG

HAHA...me too!!  Used the Proxy settings today to watch some RTE2 TOP NOTCH DMW worked like a charm!!

Really appreciate your help on that, and have been using your Player Tiiveni to watch BBC etc so THANK YOU again for everything you both do to keep streams alive for us all

Dave

October 14, 2010 at 4:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tiiveni
Site Owner

YLE channels have been added to the Tiiveni TV Player along with all of the Free-to-air national Finnish TV stations (terrestrial broadcasts).

Jim is a big favourite of mine!

Enjoy!

--

Tiiveni TV

December 19, 2010 at 1:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Forum Posts

by D_M_W over a year ago
by uk tv over a year ago
by rotchie over a year ago
by gateso over a year ago