Tiiveni TV

UK TV VLC

Forums

Forum Home > New Features > XBMC plugin using your player

spider

I use XBMC for all of my home media...what i'm missing is live streams. I would really like it if your program could be integrated into XBMC for all my UK and other tv streams.

October 24, 2010 at 4:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tiiveni
Site Owner

Thanks for this, I will look into it. If it is easy enough I will suppurt XBMC.

Can you help by suggesting a method how the Tiiveni TV Player could be integrated with XBMC?

Can XBMC send keyboard commands to the Tiiveni TV Player? Or, should the Tiiveni TV Player create a new stream that is sent to XBMC (then the user needs to operate both the Tiiveni TV Player User Interface and the XBMC User Interface)?

--

Tiiveni TV

October 25, 2010 at 3:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

spider

Are you familiar with XBMC if not i recommend you try it first and see if its something you can work with.

Here is the plugin and development forum link. for xbmc

As for how it should be integrated with xbmc i suggest simple channel logos activating your streams. and the ability for the user to add custom logos and streams.

--
October 25, 2010 at 9:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tiiveni
Site Owner

The trouble is that the Tiiveni Player does not have its own static streams. Most of the player streams are constantly changing to stop them being posted on the forums (streams usually don't last long after that happens).It is beginning to look too complicated, and perhaps like a whole new project.

I will look into this more, but I think that two methods that we could use are as above (keyboard control of Tiiveni TV Player from xbmc or an output stream from Tiiveni TV Player that can be viewed from xbmc). I don't know if either of the options are possible. I'm sorry if this is unhelpful.

--

Tiiveni TV

October 25, 2010 at 12:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Forum Posts

by D_M_W over a year ago
by uk tv over a year ago
by rotchie over a year ago
by gateso over a year ago