Tiiveni TV

UK TV VLC

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > New Version (19 01 2011)

Tiiveni
Site Owner

Hello,

I've added a new version of the Tiiveni TV Player (19 01 2011). You can download it from the "Downloads" Page. Nothing much has changed except that this new version can get channels from more stream providers than before. This is a temporary fix to bring back some channels that I am missing.

The problem with this new version (19 01 2011) is that every 5 minutes there will be a short 5 second break while the player updates the link to the stream (the link changes constantly).

The new streams are called (fo) and they need the VLC ActiveX plugin for Internet Explorer, so they are also (vlc) channels. Because they need the VLC activeX, they wont work for all people as some computers have trouble with this plugin.

New (fo) channels include:

● BBC1

● BBC2

● BBC3 / CBBC

● BBC4 / CBEEBIES

● ITV1

● ITV2

● ITV3

● ITV4

● CHANNEL 4

● E4

● More4

● Five

● BBC News

● CNN International

● Bloomberg

● Al Jazeera

● Flava

● 4 Music

● Scuzz

● Flaunt

● VIVA

● Clubland

● Music

● Film 4

● Zone Horror

● Horror

● Movie 1

● Movie 2

● Classics

● RAI Sport

● Dubai Sports

● JSC Sport Global

● Sports

● Horse and Country

● Food Network

● Document.

● Drama

● Battle Cam

I've also added recently these channel:

● Animal Planet

● Discovery Channel

● Discovery ID

● Discovery Science

● Discovery T. & L.

● Discovery World

● MTV (Russia & Ukraine)

● M2

● Music Box

● A1

● Kiss

● U

● Dance TV

Let us all know if it works on your system on the "Forums" Page.

Thank you for your patience.

--

Tiiveni TV

January 22, 2011 at 3:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cosmotzr

Hi Tiiveni

I downloaded the new program. I have one problem. can not go in fullscreen mode

January 22, 2011 at 6:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Firefly22

Hi Tiiveni, Thanks for the updated program. I have not tried all the channels but tried about ten and all work fine. I have Windows 7 Ultimate with SP1 and 3MB broadband. No problem with full screen either.

January 22, 2011 at 6:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tiiveni
Site Owner

Some channels you get full screeen by just cliking the text that says "FULL SCREEN". For other channels you need to find the full screen button just under the video.

There are also some channels that need you to double click the video. These channels are played by Windows Media Player. I have noticed that sometimes the double click doesn't work (I don't know why).

If it is a channel that needs double click to get full screen and if the double click is not working then you can right click instead, choose  -> "Zoom" and -> "Full screen"

If that doesn't help then let me know here and we can try to fix it.

thank you for your feedback!

:)

--

Tiiveni TV

January 22, 2011 at 6:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tiiveni
Site Owner

Thanks Firefly.

I'ts always reassuring to know that it works (at least for some)!

8)

--

Tiiveni TV

January 22, 2011 at 7:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

algi

fo and straight ones are working fine.Thx,bless you for your diligence. :)

January 22, 2011 at 7:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tiiveni
Site Owner

Great News algi!

Thank you very much!

I saw that your posts on "another forum" just got edited along with a few others in that thread. LOL!

--

Tiiveni TV

January 22, 2011 at 7:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Philly1234

The first rule about Tiiveni Club is Don't Talk about Tiiveni Club!  8)

The only channel I'm seeing any problem with so far is the BBC4/CBBBBB one, of course.  Just freezes right up after a few seconds.  But, who knows, maybe it will start working again!  It's rare that we even get a look in on that channel.

Everything looks good as usual.  All kinds of things to test out, fun!

January 22, 2011 at 12:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Firefly22

Philly1234. BBC4/CBEEBIES works perfect in Spain. Been working for 20 minutes with no problems. Only childrens programs at the moment. Maybe at 7pm British time it may work ok. As you are aware that is the time BBC4 starts, and there may be more streamers starting. I hope you get it sorted.8)

January 22, 2011 at 1:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Philly1234

Thanks, Firefly...just checked it again and it's still freezing up after playing for a few seconds.  I'm just letting it play for awhile to see if anything changes. 

January 22, 2011 at 1:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tiiveni
Site Owner

The stream providers have spent a lot of time and effort trying to stop those channels going to the US. So, it may be that it is not the same for everyone. Thanks for the reports, hopefully it is only a few channels that are unavalable in the US.

--

Tiiveni TV

January 22, 2011 at 2:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

edwin1234

i get a queer error

Access violation at address 68816E5 in module libdeinterlace_plugin.dll. Read of adress so on

and it is stuck when going from one channel to another

Old version still works fine fortunately

January 22, 2011 at 9:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

edwin1234

now it works fine I downloaded it again

sorry for the bother,

thanks for the new version

January 22, 2011 at 9:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tiiveni
Site Owner

Yes, we have got that error many times with the old (18 11 2010) and new (19 01 2011) versions. This happens because of problems with the VLC ActiveX Plugin that is used to watch the (vlc) and (fo) channels. When changing channels, the VLC plugin does not close nicely and it crashes the whole application.

Apart from re-writing VLC to remove the bugs, there is not much that I can do. I have considered using Quick Time instead or perhaps give you the option to use Quick Time or VLC. I have not found any useful inforamtion on this bug from the VLC forum, so I can't say if or when I can get it to work better.

If anyone knows more then please help! I think this is a common problem for all of our users of the Tiiveni TV Player. The solution for now is to re-start the Tiiveni TV Player and persivere.

This last version was a quick fix to bring back some channels. It has a few nasty problems that still need fixing:

● There is a 5 second break every 5 minutes when the player re-loads the updated link for the stream (the links change every 5 minutes). 

● If you press "stop" then the (fo) channels (after a while) starts to play again by themself.

● The volume levels are not stored when changing channels or when the channel re-loads the updated link.

I have ideas to fix these bugs, and hopefuly I can make something to stop the channel from changing until the VLC plugin has closed nicely. But, these will be in a 'proper' new version of the Tiiveni TV Player that will come much later.

--

Tiiveni TV

January 23, 2011 at 3:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

DaveGC

Hi Tiiveni, thanks for the new version not being in a zip file. Will save me a lot of phone calls from friends.

Any chance of the Norwegian Channels NRK1,2,3??

January 23, 2011 at 3:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tiiveni
Site Owner

Thanks DaveGC!

I would also like more scandinavian channels, but last time I looked the Norwegian channels needed a proxy.

--

Tiiveni TV

January 23, 2011 at 3:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

thoss

DaveGC at January 23, 2011 at 3:20 PM

Hi Tiiveni, thanks for the new version not being in a zip file. Will save me a lot of phone calls from friends.

Any chance of the Norwegian Channels NRK1,2,3??

DaveGc:::::::::::just as a curiosity....."Golden Years tv"have been streaming norwegian and swedish childrens programmes for the last 2-3 years,so if you have children who wants to watch Donald Duck  in norwegian-you now know where to find it.

http://www.livestream.com/goldenyears     ;)

January 23, 2011 at 4:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

carverious

Hello, Tiivenki, great wok for the new player.

I seems that I'm the first with not working (fo) streams.

I have VLC 1.0.5 installed with VLC ActiveX plugin on Windows 7. 

Is there any way that I can solve this?

Thanks 

January 24, 2011 at 1:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tiiveni
Site Owner

Nice link thoss, perhaps I could add that to the EU Channels.

--

Tiiveni TV

January 24, 2011 at 1:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tiiveni
Site Owner

Hi carverious!

What do you see on the screen when you watch the (fo) channels? Do you get the little white symbol in the top left corner?

Many have had problems installing the VLC plugin, also there seems to be conflicts with quick time and real player. One important thing to remember is to re-start your system after doing an uninstall or an install.

The best idea is to try and uninstall quick time and real player first. Then, re-start your system. Install ActiveX control (plugin) for VLC, and then re-start your system.

To double check, you could try this site: http://hackedcabletv.com as they use the same type of streams (VLC has the small orange/white cone on the channel button).

It's not your fault, the chats are full of many people having the same problem.

Good luck!

--

Tiiveni TV

January 24, 2011 at 2:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Forum Posts

by D_M_W over a year ago
by uk tv over a year ago
by rotchie over a year ago
by gateso over a year ago