Tiiveni TV

UK TV VLC

Forums

Forum Home > Bugs > Tiiveni loads channels but won't play anything

DaveGC

Hi. A friend of mine also has Tiiveni, but for the last few days her version would not play anything. I suspected maybe the links on the older version she had, so updated to the new version. I actually gave her a copy of my working Tiiveni, but still no joy. Downloads all the channels fine, then just says 'Listo' at the bottom (spanish for 'ready'). Press any channel, and it doesn;t even try to download anything, button stays red for 10 secs or so, then 'Ready' again. No radio 1 on load either, just the channels listings.

I've checked firewall settings and all is fine. Not sure what else to check.

Any ideas???

February 24, 2011 at 4:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tiiveni
Site Owner

This is strange. I think that another person had this problem too.

Have you tested with the channels that use the Internet Explorer browser, like the (tvc) channels? Hopefully, they work OK.

I guess that either the stream providers servers have blocked this computer (doubtful) or there is a problem with the Windows Media Player.

It has become really difficult sometimes to get a stream, quite often I get the "ready" message these days. It was much more reliable last year.

I will try to change the link for BBC1 and you can test to see if there is any difference tomorrow.

--

Tiiveni TV

February 24, 2011 at 4:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tiiveni
Site Owner

OK! BBC1 has been changed. You can test if it has made any difference.

There are so many settings for Windows Media Player, it could be that one of those settings is causing the problem.

--

Tiiveni TV

February 24, 2011 at 5:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tiiveni
Site Owner

Player appears and status bar says Ready but nothing happens when you click Play

If the WMP plugin console appears and the player status bar says 'Ready' but nothing happens when you click Play and no error messages appear, this can be caused by internet connectivity issues.

The WMP plugin will not work unless Windows Media Player is able to open the file from the internet. Open the Windows Media Player program, then try opening a direct link to a media file (such as a .wav, .mid or .wma file) from within WMP, via "File -> Open URL".

Internet Explorer also needs to be able to connect to the internet for the Windows Media Player plugin to work:

Make sure that Internet Explorer is not set to Work Offline mode: To check if IE is in 'Work Offline' mode, open IE and open the File menu. There would be a tick by the 'Work Offline' option. Click it to take IE off Work Offline mode.

Make sure that Internet Explorer's proxy settings are correct.

Make sure that Internet Explorer and WMP are not blocked by your firewall. This problem can also be caused by DSL/cable providers using Network Address Translation (NAT) not forwarding UDP packets properly. The solution is to disable UDP in Windows Media Player:

In WMP, click Tools > Options

Select the 'Network' tab

Deselect 'UDP'

It has also been reported that reinstalling/upgrading/downgrading Windows Media Player can solve this.

If you have been using software such as Fiddler2 Tor or other proxy applications (these change the internet settings of WMP) then you must make sure that they are operating properly. Closing Fiddler 2 or Tor whilst WMP is open will stop WMP from finding an internet connection.

--

Tiiveni TV

February 25, 2011 at 3:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tiiveni
Site Owner

This is the link for BBC Radio 1, you can test your Windows Media Player Plugin by clicking here using INTERNET EXPLORER ONLY:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/listen/live/r1.asx

--

Tiiveni TV

February 25, 2011 at 3:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

algi

All is running smooth,Tiiveni.Friends tonight were happily admiring your good work here with me.

You might enjoy some,if not all :),channels with http://www.mybe.tv/  at a very good quality.

DL the chinese version,don't worry you'll find easily your way.Then update with the first small "square" button on top.Subscribing it isn't dangerous and you are presented with new versions

Believe me...there are many goodies :D

February 25, 2011 at 6:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

D_M_W

algi at February 25, 2011 at 6:01 PM

All is running smooth,Tiiveni.Friends tonight were happily admiring your good work here with me.

You might enjoy some,if not all :),channels with http://www.mybe.tv/  at a very good quality.

DL the chinese version,don't worry you'll find easily your way.Then update with the first small "square" button on top.Subscribing it isn't dangerous and you are presented with new versions

Hi algi my Italian friend this looks a good program but all its really using is sopfilter and the sopocx.ocx, i made something very similar a few years back. Any way i filled in there survey and asked for translations for other languges...:)

--

--->WiZiWiG<---

February 26, 2011 at 5:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

D_M_W

D_M_W at February 26, 2011 at 5:33 AM

algi at February 25, 2011 at 6:01 PM

Hi algi my Italian friend this looks a good program but all its really using is sopfilter and the sopocx.ocx, i made something very similar a few years back. Any way i filled in there survey and asked for translations for other languges...:)

Little more investergation and i find a English site and software version....:D

English Site: http://en.mybe.tv/

English Download: http://en.mybe.tv/product/softdown.action?id=57&serverURL=9

--

--->WiZiWiG<---

February 26, 2011 at 6:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

algi

Yes,it's the first I had DLed,but I prefer the Chinese one because it's richer.Not only sports in English,but films as well and Discovery,Animal Planet,etc.All at a very good resolution.

February 26, 2011 at 7:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

DaveGC

Just an  update on this issue that is now resolved. In the end, after rolling back Windows Media Player to get to access the Network tab, I found the issue was a couple of things. 1 was the 'connect to the internet' setting in Player options in WMP itself, and also some of the settings in the Internet security section of IE8 internet options. Think it was the setting 'allow video and animation on a webpage that does not have an external player'. One of those streaming options anyway. Sorted it fine, but got no idea how these things were switched off in the first place after working fine previously. Computers eh.

March 10, 2011 at 7:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tiiveni
Site Owner

Thanks DaveGC! That is really good to know. It really gets complicated sometimes!

:)

--

Tiiveni TV

March 10, 2011 at 3:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Forum Posts

by D_M_W over a year ago
by uk tv over a year ago
by rotchie over a year ago
by gateso over a year ago