Tiiveni TV

UK TV VLC

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > UK Feeds freezing

tom

Hi  For a few days now I have found that the BBC and other UK feeds have been freezing - also the silv and fo feeds are not working. I wonder if anyone else has found the same freezing problems? Tom

April 30, 2011 at 12:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tiiveni
Site Owner

Hi Tom,

My experience has been that most main UK channels have been working almost OK in the last few days. Sometimes there have been re-buffering but the (silv) channels for me have been working best. Sometimes the WIndows Media Player channels do not recover after re-buffering and the video breaks up completely.

I think that the movie channels are not working well this week.

Try the (fo) channels, hopefuly these will work better. They do break up a few times an hour but it seems that nothing is lost, the video continues after a couple of seconds from where it left off. I am talking here about BBC1, ITV1 and channel 4. Other (fo) channels do have a glitch every 5 mins.

--

Tiiveni TV

April 30, 2011 at 3:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

tom

Hi - Today the  the BBC and other UK feeds are not freezing.  Thanks Tiveni. Tom

May 1, 2011 at 8:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

tom

Hi - Today the Tangy feeds keep freezing. Sometimes the picture freezes and the audio continues. Sometimes the feed stops for a few seconds, then starts again. The FO feeds do not seem to be working.  Tom

May 3, 2011 at 3:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tiiveni
Site Owner

Sorry tom,

demand is very high. There is really high demand at the moment. 2,700 viewers everyday. I need to work out where all these extra viewers have suddenly come from!  :o

I think that once again demand is too high for the server providers and we have been cut off. I will try to get all back on line soon.

--

Tiiveni TV

May 3, 2011 at 5:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tiiveni
Site Owner

I think that I fixed the problem just after making my last post. I have moved all those channels to our back-up servers. Lets hope that we can survive until the end of the month with this high demand! :o

--

Tiiveni TV

May 4, 2011 at 2:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tiiveni
Site Owner

It seems that Doctor Who is the source of our problems. Too many people!! Having not lived in UK for 16 years it is hard to understand why Doctor Who is like 10 times more popular than any other program.

--

Tiiveni TV

May 4, 2011 at 4:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Firefly22

Hi Tiiveni, your right about the amount of viewers. You have about 700 - 800 members but the demand exceeds this. Maybe the members should realise that the high demand is probably due to members giving the program to others. Nothing wrong in that probably, but they have to realise that the more viewers then it is more likely to be found out and the streams shut down. Maybe I am wrong but it seems all the other sites with thousands of viewers get shut down daily or weekly and have to reprogram constantly. This is the only site that has had no problems up until now with the streaming. Long may it continue to be the Number 1 site. 8)

May 4, 2011 at 2:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tiiveni
Site Owner

Thank you very much Firefly.

The problem that I have just noticed is more to do with people taking links from the Tiiveni TV Player and posting them on Twitter and forums. The number of members and downloads of the player are growing slowly but it seems to be under control.

I tripled our bandwidth for the next 6 months and have to move things around again to stop the poachers. The server company were appologetic (which is good as they are free) and I got a new domain. "http://tiiveni.isgreat.xxx", how coool is that?? LOL!

Basically, sharing with friends is OK, but posting the "hidden" links on large websites is a real "NO-NO!!".

--

Tiiveni TV

May 4, 2011 at 4:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

tom

Thank you Tiveni - Tom

May 5, 2011 at 3:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

tom

Hi - The UK feeds are unfortunately still freezing - Tom

May 6, 2011 at 8:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Firefly22

Hi Tiiveni, Seems all the UK channels are down. :/

May 7, 2011 at 12:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

algi

Yeap!...:(

May 7, 2011 at 2:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tiiveni
Site Owner

Yikes! :o

They wait until I am asleep!!!

It looks like the (fo) channels are still working. No quick fix for the main channels. I will keep you updated....

--

Tiiveni TV

May 7, 2011 at 2:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

tom

Hi - The UK feedsare stillorking but with lots of freezing - even the fo channels. Tom

May 7, 2011 at 9:47 AM Flag Quote & Reply

tom

Hi It seems with a UK IP the UK feeds all work fine - Tom

May 7, 2011 at 10:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tiiveni
Site Owner

Hi Tom,

I have been trying to fix those channels today. Earlier they were all off. Still many do not work at all. Expect a lot of problems with the UK channels, we are lucky to even get a picture at the moment.

If you have a good way of watching TV then you can share it with us all if you wish. If you are using a proxy or something then it is just fine to share your tricks with everyone here.

--

Tiiveni TV

May 7, 2011 at 12:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tiiveni
Site Owner

BTW MyP2P has a script for watching "Swiss" TV that also has UK channels. It is written by Darby_Crash but I can't post a link here as I cannot get permission. I read that it works, but I have not tried it myself.

--

Tiiveni TV

May 7, 2011 at 12:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

D_M_W

Im sure he wont mind if you use his script here tiiven mate, the problem was quite alot of German speaking forums/sites taking credit for his work.

--

--->WiZiWiG<---

May 7, 2011 at 1:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

tom

Hi - I tried watching with Xpat shield. Earlier today the feeds worked fine. Now I just checked and they are freezing. The FO feeds work though.  Tom

May 7, 2011 at 3:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Forum Posts

by D_M_W over a year ago
by uk tv over a year ago
by rotchie over a year ago
by gateso over a year ago