Tiiveni TV

UK TV VLC

Forums

Forum Home > Channel Problems > CLOSED (The END)

Tiiveni
Site Owner

CLOSED!

All Tiiveni TV Software has now been stopped.

I am very sad to say that due to the constant attacks from other copying web-sites I am unable to keep the servers running. My work as a builder during the summer months means that I only have a few hours each week to try and defend our servers from these attacks.

Actually, I don't mind copying. But, other websites copy the links to my code on OUR servers, instead of just putting my code on their OWN servers. This creates high level of traffic on OUR servers that goes over the allowed limits. The result is that we get kicked off the servers for using too high bandwidth. Not to mention how annoying it is that they generate large advertising revenue from our FREE TV Player.

I am really sad to lose my hobby, I have really enjoyed making this TV Player work and making so many great new friends here. I am not a quitter, but this battle is really lost. I simply cannot continue any longer.

Please keep in contact people, this website should stay open (hopefully) and we can still share ideas on the forum.

Message to the copy-cat websites that killed our project: The next time you decide to copy someone else's work, please copy it onto your OWN servers so that you do not kill the website you are copying from. Either you guys are incredibly stupid and lazy or you just wish to delete all the small TV websites from the planet.  

--

Tiiveni TV

May 24, 2011 at 2:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

alpe

Sad too  hear that you stop the good work hope you come back after the summer work.

Your player is one of the best I have used.

May 24, 2011 at 3:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

live4soccer

absolutely GUTTED that it's gone....and FURIOUS at the shits that ruined it for everyone! 

Thanks for ALL your efforts and providing such a wonderful program all these months...you're a LEGEND!

any chance you could give us some recomendations for what to use now that Tiiveni TV is no more? hopefully someone else can provide something as easy to ues in the future....

Thanks again and good luck!

May 24, 2011 at 5:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

algi

alpe at May 24, 2011 at 3:26 PM

Sad too  hear that you stop the good work hope you come back after the summer work.

Your player is one of the best I have used.

Quote! :)

May 25, 2011 at 3:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

richc

Gutted!, thanks for all your hard work.

May 25, 2011 at 7:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

DaveG

Very sad to hear mate....you provided myself and many many others a great free service and I THANK YOU for all your hard work in doing so

It was great while it lasted, here's hoping you can find a way to do it again

May 25, 2011 at 8:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

algi

Well...welll...well...Tiiveni are you about?or have I to think of something else about the site by now?

May 26, 2011 at 5:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Firefly22

Tiiveni, Interesting !!!! Keep up the good work my friend. Maybe you can get a future program that is more secure from the thieves. Thanks. 8)

May 27, 2011 at 2:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

algi

Hallooo!...tiiveni are you there?Please post something and let us know where you are...

...right? ;)

May 27, 2011 at 7:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tiiveni
Site Owner

Hello Algi!

I am here now, reading all these messages!!

Thank you very much everyone for your support, as you may have seen I could not survive for long without Tiiveni TV, I started going through "cold-turkey" after 24 hours. So, I keep trying as much as I can.

I found some new servers on Wednesday and started running the code of Thursday. I have added lots of "Tiiveni" spam over the video / video players to make life harder for the leaching web-sites. Sorry about that, I don't like it but it has to be done.

Thanks again! :)

--

Tiiveni TV

May 27, 2011 at 10:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Philly1234

Hi T!

Glad to see you're giving it another go.  I always appreciate everything you've done here.  Wish I could be of more help.  Many thanks.

May 27, 2011 at 11:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

algi

Obviously very happy!! :)...I was just wondering if somebody had picked up your "abbandoned" site...fearing angry fantasies. ;)

May 27, 2011 at 11:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

live4soccer

algi at May 27, 2011 at 11:51 AM

Obviously very happy!! :)...I was just wondering if somebody had picked up your "abbandoned" site...fearing angry fantasies. ;)

really chuffed to see that you've decided to give it another go! :)

I'm not going to pretend to know what it takes to runs a service like this but I can imagine it's rewarding as well as frustrating...hoprfully you've been able to sort out the rubbish and things go much smoother from now on...

but again, from the bottom of my heart, your program is a god send and regardless of the politics involved, the bottom line is IT JUST WORKS and is administered by a really classy individual! 

keep up the good work and THANKS AGAIN! :)

May 27, 2011 at 4:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Firefly22

Never say never again. Thanks a million Tiiveni. You are one true great guy. I won't say anythinbg to Mrs T. 8)

May 28, 2011 at 6:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cenny

Yes thanks :P

May 28, 2011 at 11:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

BEDOBOY

thank you from waterford ireland, love watching uk channels here esp channel4/itv/bbc 

May 28, 2011 at 6:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

accash

Tho I am a quiet one, not much for talk tbh, you are awesomely brillant. Now that being said, its always a few that ruin it for others, keep your chin up matey, you are pure class for giving it another go, and I for one cant say the words Thank You enough ...Cheers

May 29, 2011 at 8:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

5955david

Thanks to Tiiveni for the tremendous work. It is a true lifeline and I hope you can continue. There must be an awful lot of work involved, I'm sure - we are certainly all very grateful !!!

May 29, 2011 at 11:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Terry

Thanks a million for all the great channels, keeps me sane while I try and sell my house and get back to the UK. You Sir are a gentleman :)

September 20, 2011 at 1:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Forum Posts

by D_M_W over a year ago
by uk tv over a year ago
by rotchie over a year ago
by gateso over a year ago