Tiiveni TV

UK TV VLC

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Feeds ask for password/username

tom

Hi - I am finding the UK feeds are asking for an edge password/username, some after about 1/2 hour, some after 1 hour. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Tom

June 5, 2011 at 12:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tiiveni
Site Owner

tom at June 5, 2011 at 12:21 PM

Hi - I am finding the UK feeds are asking for an edge password/username, some after about 1/2 hour, some after 1 hour. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Tom

Ouch!

It used to ask after 1 hour. The fix is to press stop and then play again to restart the channel. This is a bit annoying once an hour, but if it starts to be more than once an hour then it is not acceptable.

Thanks Tom, I will look at an auto-refresh for those channels.

--

Tiiveni TV

June 5, 2011 at 1:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

astral2k8

what feeds have this issue?

June 6, 2011 at 4:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tiiveni
Site Owner

I think the channels that have this problem are all the main UK channels (but not the (rtmp) or (fo) marked channels).

--

Tiiveni TV

June 6, 2011 at 4:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

tom

Hi - Here in the US UK feeds are bufferinga lot and timing out today. Tom

June 11, 2011 at 1:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tiiveni
Site Owner

Hi tom,

Sorry to hear that. It may be just because of the F1 qualifying in Canada. There are lots and lots of people using this to watch F1 around the world.

--

Tiiveni TV

June 12, 2011 at 1:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

tom

Hi - Unfortunately the F1 is not causing the UK feeds to buffer/disconnect! Last night and this morning still experiencing same problems, apart from BBC2 which is fine. Strange! If you can find the problem that would be great. Tom

June 12, 2011 at 10:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

tom

Hi -  Of the UKTV  feeds BBC2 wmp is fine but the majority do stop after about 1/2 hour. Today BBC1 wmp feed asked for the edge password/user id. - Tom

June 14, 2011 at 8:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

tom

Hi - I am  still finding that the UK tv feeds apart from BBC2 freeze every 20 to 30 minutes. I have not though seen a request for an edge password/username for a while.  Tom

June 20, 2011 at 2:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

psplover

most wmp channels seem to stop after 1 hour to 2 hours and promptly ask you for username and password and also most wmp channels have one of the best video quality which ive always appreciated ..i'm not complaining or anything,i'm just simply sharing what i ve endured while using the player and it appears that few people have had the same issue..i hope everything goes well..

i am a huge fan of this player and i want to thank you so much for your magnificent work

June 20, 2011 at 4:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

algi

I had the same as,I think,all had,but didn't bother to repeat what Tiiveni already noted and knows.If he would have been able to find a workaund he'd have already corrected by now...

June 22, 2011 at 2:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Firefly22

algi at June 22, 2011 at 2:51 AM

I had the same as,I think,all had,but didn't bother to repeat what Tiiveni already noted and knows.If he would have been able to find a workaund he'd have already corrected by now...

Hi Algi, I appreciate your comment about repeating the problem, and yes it probably does not want the same post put on about 5 times a day, but as you say, Tiiveni knows and might have corrected it by now. Tiiveni might have tried to correct this and not posted that he had done so, waiting for further comments. I think it is worth repeating the problem still exists at least once a week by someone. Read the date of the posts and if a week or more has gone by it may be worth repeating. I am sure Tiiveni appreciates all the feedback, and I am sure he does not mind repeated posts. Many thanks and have a nice day, as it is in Spain. 8)

June 22, 2011 at 3:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

algi

Yeah...:)...I agree:All feedsare welcome!...and immediately thought I had been a little too harsh(wich I didn't mean).

Have a good day tou too as good as in Italy today :D ;)

June 23, 2011 at 2:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tiiveni
Site Owner

Thanks guys!

Your comments are appreciated very much. Finding a good solution for this is a bit tricky, maybe I could work out something. But, I have been busy on another project to get streams from another stream provider. This new project has flash UK streams and they seem to work well. I can release this new project in the next couple of days :) Hopefully, this will help things a little.

As ever, it always needs more work and more thinking, These streams are not as perfect as they used to be, like last year.

--

Tiiveni TV

June 23, 2011 at 2:28 AM Flag Quote & Reply

tom

Hi.  Thanks so much.  Tom

June 23, 2011 at 2:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

tom

Hi - Please note that the ITV 2 feeds are either down or are showing a test card/Osprey.  Tom

June 24, 2011 at 5:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

tom

Hi - Updated, ITV 2 fo low is working

June 24, 2011 at 5:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Forum Posts

by D_M_W over a year ago
by uk tv over a year ago
by rotchie over a year ago
by gateso over a year ago