Tiiveni TV

UK TV VLC

Forums

Forum Home > Channel Problems > CNN News RTMP

stevet

Hi Tiiveni... thanks for all your work. Any chance of getting the link working again for News/CNN (RTMP)? I use this one a lot (along with the RTMP Streamer). Steve in Bangkok.

August 17, 2011 at 9:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tiiveni
Site Owner

Hi stevet!

These channels need a good sort out, I agree. I hope to get some time to do it soon.

Last time I checked this stream provider had removed most of the channels, just BBC News, BBC World News, BBC Parliament, CNN, Al Jazeera, CNBC, Bloomberg, Euronews, NASA TV and a few others are still going.

I hope I get time to play with this at the weekend.

--

Tiiveni TV

August 18, 2011 at 12:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

tom

Hi - here in the US most of the channels are not working, including the radio channels.  Is anyone else having the same problem? Tom

August 18, 2011 at 6:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tiiveni
Site Owner

Hi tom! :)

The channels are working for me now, just done a quick test of a couple of channels (nothing thorough). I hope that you get the problem sorted mate.

:/

--

Tiiveni TV

August 19, 2011 at 4:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

tom

Hi Tiveni,  I have a windows 7 prof.   I ran the software in xxp mode and allchannels work,but now in windows 7 it only the sliv channels work, eventhe radio does not connect.  I turned the firewall off, no help there. I wonder of you have any idea what could be blocking the program. Thanks Tom

August 20, 2011 at 12:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tiiveni
Site Owner

Hi tom,

It sounds like something to do with Windows Media Player, as that is used for Radio and some UK TVChannels. Perhaps you could open some links in Windows Media Player to check that WMP is able to connect to the internet and is working properly?

This is the link for BBC Radio 1: bbc.co.uk radio1.asx

So, perhaps this computer does not have Windows Media Player properly installed, or Quick Time player is interfering. Do you see the Windows Media Player in the Tiiveni TV software? Perhaps the connection settings in WMP are not correct??

Keep us updated, good luck!

--

Tiiveni TV

August 20, 2011 at 12:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

tom

Hi Tiveni Appreciate your reply.  Still trying to get the program to work again - it was working until 3 days ago. Now it will not open the files.  I used properties, and placed the address into wmp and that does not work either,, so you are almost cetainly correct, it is a WM player problem on windows 7 prof. I have reset the wm player program, but that made no difference. Also downloaded codecs but no help from that. The radio 1 link does not open in firefox or explorer. I can open and play radio 1 from the bbc site. I think wmp will not play asf or asx files any more on windows 7 prof.  It worksfine in xp mode.

If you have any suggestions let me know, Thanks. Tom

August 21, 2011 at 2:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tiiveni
Site Owner

Hi!

It all makes sense what you have written because Windows 7 uses a different Windows Media Player Plugin to XP, so when you switch to XP it uses a different WMP. Also, the Radio 1 website (BBC Radio Player) uses Adobe Flash and not WMP. So, it looks like your WMP in Windows 7 is not working :(, but I think you know that already.

FYI: I have Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 (64 bit) and Windows Media Player 12.0.7601.17514 (whatever that last bit means??? LOL) on my computer at work.

This system has always been working well for me, not that I watch TV in my work hours ;)

It sounds like one of those strange settings / configuration problems that needs an expert to figure it all out! I am not an expert :D

My only advice is to look at "Tools" -> "Options..." -> "Network" (tab) in Windows Media Player. Make sure that all the protocols are selected, and you can find the Configure button for "HTTP" and "RTSP" protocols there. Click the Configure button and make sure that "Do not use a proxy server" is selected for all protocols.

Other than that I guess we need to google for help on this, or maybe other members here can help.....

Good luck, keep us updated!

--

Tiiveni TV

August 22, 2011 at 1:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

stevet

All the rtmp channels now bring up the wwitv web site! 

August 23, 2011 at 9:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tiiveni
Site Owner

OOOPS! OK, I need to make some changes. I REALLY hope that I get a few hours to do some fixing as there are so many things not working right now! I just don't have the time in the summer months, September should be back to normal though...

Thanks stevet!

--

Tiiveni TV

August 24, 2011 at 3:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

stevet

not to worry - only when you're able.

August 24, 2011 at 9:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

tom

Hi - I have tried all week to get the player to work withut any success?  

I wondered if the player is working now. I asked another person to try it on their computer and they also have windows media player 12 and they also had the same problem, with it not working.

Thanks.

Tom

August 26, 2011 at 8:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tiiveni
Site Owner

CNN looks like a tricky one from this provider ;) I need to spend more time to get this one working, hopefully next week I will try.

The RTMP channels (and Flash) have been fixed so they don't redirect to another site.

The (wmp) channels and (silv) stopped (I think Thurs. night??) I found replacements, but the player relies on these channels entirely. Now, it tries many times to connect and load the old UK channels before the Tiiveni TV Player starts.It needs several minutes to start when this happens :( My Tiiveni TV Player is stuck now, and doesn't load! :(

It looks like we need to start again with all of the TV Players (even the new UK Flash player only worked for a few weeks.)

--

Tiiveni TV

August 28, 2011 at 1:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

tom

Hi Tiiveni. Channels are working here now. Thank you.  Tom

August 29, 2011 at 8:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tiiveni
Site Owner

LOL! Thanks tom!!

The player came back today! Phew! Just another reminder for me that I need to make a new version :)

--

Tiiveni TV

August 29, 2011 at 11:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Forum Posts

by D_M_W over a year ago
by uk tv over a year ago
by rotchie over a year ago
by gateso over a year ago